4th Annual ECD & Basic Education
Sustainability from the start
The 4th Annual ECD & Basic Education Conference 2024 will bring together teachers, researchers, student teachers and policy makers with a genuine interest in Quality Early Childhood Education and Care and in Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in Early Childhood.
Taking a cross-sector approach, The 4th Annual ECD & Basic Education Conference 2024 is relevant for many professionals working with children from birth to 12 years including early childhood educators, healthcare professionals, child protection professionals, family support workers, child and family counsellors, community workers and program managers to engage in work and dialogue to impact the futures of young children.
About The Conference
In addition to presentations of research and development projects about ESD, and in digital competence, in the early years, there will be study visits to preschools and modern primary schools. The theme will be, “Sustainability from the start: Innovations, Connections, Inspirations,” and will highlight the creativity of early childhood professionals through innovations in programming and management.
Register For the Conference
“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.”
Why You Can Not Miss This Conference:
- To hear about latest thinking around children’s development and learning
- To hear from pioneering and well respected early childhood specialists
- To take part in active reflection, discussion and debate
- To network with other educators, leaders and settings
- To gain insight from our partners on the latest resources and business solutions
Topics up for discussion:
- Evolution of Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) Policy in South Africa: Legislative Processes and Reforms for Children Ages 0–12
- Thinking Slow: Taking the longer view about young children, early childhood education and the planet
- Advancing Education for Sustainable Development for All: The Contribution from the Early Years
- Study visits to preschools and ECD settings
- Digital technologies for children with disabilities